Resources, News & Bulletins
Quick links to resources specific to Licensed Electrical Contractors and Master Electricians
|► Grounded in Ontario Podcast||► Compliance (Standards of Conduct, Guidelines and Oversight)|
|► News & Updates (Newsletters and LEC Store)||► Technical & Administrative (Toolbox Talks, Bulletins, Find an Inspector, Safety Assessments)|
- Grounded In Ontario — A podcast for Electrical Contractors, Master and Certified Electricians to discuss industry trends, OESC and safety hazards.
News & Updates
- 2022 Licence Holders Meeting — View the 2022 Licence Holder Meeting video and download the meeting presentation.
- Plugged In Newsletter — Read News, Views and Updates from the Electrical Safety Authority
- LEC Store — Download materials for your customers about inspections, safety hazards and more.
- Standards of Conduct & Guidelines — Documents that can help you understand and meet your licensing duties and responsibilities.
- Compliance & Oversight — Learn how to comply with all applicable laws and the standards of conduct ; also get information about various enforcement actions.
- Displaying your Licence — See the requirements you must follow for displaying your licence number when communicating with the public.
- Report Unlicensed Activity — File an anonymous report if you are aware of a business or individual who is working in the underground economy.
Technical & Administrative
- Bulletins — Download clarifications on Ontario Electrical Safety Code requirements.
- Flash Notices — Stay up-to-date on identified hazards.
- Toolbox Talks Newsletter — One-page info sheets on safety, seasonal reminders, licensing matters, code updates and more.
- Electrical Guidelines & Specifications — Download safety and technical guidelines.
- Find an Inspector — Find out when an Inspector will be in your area.
- AFCI Nuisance Tripping — Learn how to report AFCI tripping issues.
- Risk-Based Oversight (RBO) — Access RBO resources such as the Guidebook and webinars.
- Account Blocking Overview — Learn when ESA uses an account block, and how to lift it.
- Electrical System Safety Assessment Checklist — A list of electrical wiring and/or devices that may be used when evaluating home electrical systems.