Our commitment to your privacy
The exchange of information is important in maintaining public electrical safety. The Electrical Safety Authority promises to keep your personal information accurate, secure and private.
We are governed by privacy laws and our Access and Privacy Code with the Ontario government. We only collect personal information for specific uses. These include understanding individual needs, managing operations, developing and improving services, and meeting legal requirements.
- We only disclose records that support our safety mandate.
- We do not disclose personal and commercial information listed as exemptions to the Access and Privacy Code.
Need more information on ESA’s privacy practices? Contact our Chief Privacy Officer:
Chief Privacy Officer
155A Matheson Blvd. West
Mississauga, Ontario L5R 3L5
User privacy on our website
- The Electrical Safety Authority commits to protecting the privacy of our website visitors. You can visit our website without revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers collect the domain names, not e-mail addresses, of visitors to our site.
- We gather data about online use on a collective rather than individual basis. As a result, tracking systems do not gather or store your personal data. We measure the use of our website to improve the content and gauge the server capacity.
- We do collect information that you send us voluntarily through the “Contact Us” section of our website. We do not share this information. We do not collect other personal information unless you request online products and services that need it. This includes service requests paid by credit card; online applications; and logging electrical work in the online database. We do not release this personal information outside of ESA.
- Note that the ESA website contains links to third party websites that are not under our control. We cannot and do not monitor the privacy practices of those sites.