ESA’s Board of Directors Position Available
MISSISSAUGA, ON (October 7, 2021) – ESA is looking for an experienced individual to represent the interests of consumers of Ontario on ESA’s Board of Directors, and play a key role in guiding the future of ESA.
The ideal candidate should have experience in the following areas:
- financial literacy,
- previous board and/or governance experience, and,
- strategic and risk management.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé by email no later than October 25, 2021. Additional details included in the document below:
About ESA’s Board of Directors
ESA’s Board of Directors handles corporate governance and regulatory oversight, and guides the organization’s strategy. The Board and management focus on using leading practices to do so. Among its key responsibilities, the Board:
- approves ESA’s strategic plan, business plan and budget. It also oversees the integrity of ESA's reported financial performance;
- oversees the appointment, development and monitoring of senior management and their succession planning;
- monitors the strategic environment and ensures appropriate enterprise risk management;
- monitors external communications and stakeholder relationships; and
- monitors the integrity of the organization’s internal control and management information systems.
Twelve members make up the ESA Board of Directors, based on a set of established qualifications. Board members reflect the public; electricity distributors; electrical contractors; and engineering, manufacturing and other industries. Board members may serve up to three consecutive terms.
Each Board member has signed and agreed to abide by a Directors Code of Conduct and also takes part in a program to stay abreast of best practices. This covers corporate due diligence reporting, Director responsibilities, governance, and investment and pension management.
About the Electrical Safety Authority
The Electrical Safety Authority's (ESA’s) role is to enhance public electrical safety in Ontario. As an administrative authority acting on behalf of the Government of Ontario, ESA is responsible for administering specific regulations related to the Ontario Electrical Safety Code, the licensing of Electrical Contractors and Master Electricians, electricity distribution system safety, and electrical product safety. ESA works extensively with stakeholders throughout the province on education, training and promotion to foster electrical safety across the province.
More information on the Electrical Safety Authority can be found at www.esasafe.com, through https://twitter.com/homeandsafety and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ElectricalSafetyAuthority.
For further information:
Electrical Safety Authority
905-712-7819 or Media.ESA@electricalsafety.on.ca