Resources & News
Stay current with news, views and updates from the Electrical Safety Authority. We have information Licensed Electrical Contractors and Master Electricians need to know, such as new rules, latest hazards and ways to share your thoughts.
Here are some helpful resources:
- Account Blocking Overview – Learn when ESA uses a block, and how to lift it.
- AFCI Nuisance Tripping – How to report this frustrating issue.
- LEC Store – Find material you can give your customers about inspections, safety hazards and more.
- Plugged In Newsletter – Quarterly news you need to know.
- Licensing Guidelines – Ensure you are aware of your licensing duties and responsibilities.
- Displaying your Licence — Licensed Electrical Contractors are required to prominently display their licence number when communicating with the public.
- Find an Inspector Look-Up Tool — Find out when an Inspector will be in your area! Type in an address and click the search button.
- Bulletins — Clarifications on Ontario Electrical Safety Code requirements
- Guidelines — Receive guidance on regulatory and non-regulatory requirements
- Flash Notices — Stay up-to-date on identified hazards