I’m from another province or country. Do my qualifications meet the requirements to obtain a licence?

If you have the Interprovincial certificate of qualification or are an out-of-country electrician, contact Skilled Trades Ontario before working in Ontario. In general, work experience in Canada with the proper qualifications will be recognized towards a Master Electrician licence. However, work done in another country is not. There are some licensing exemptions depending on the type of work that is being done.  See Ontario Regulation 570/05 for specific requirements.