Can I get a notification if I don’t hold a current electrical contractor’s licence?

No, if you are operating as an electrical contracting business. In that case, you must hold a valid electrical contractor’s ECRA/ESA licence to file a notification of work.

Yes, you can file a notification if you are doing work on your own property or if you are an occupant in a residential dwelling. In that case, you may file a notification of work for that property only.