Report Unlicensed Activity
ESA is about enforcing electrical safety in Ontario. Too often, we see dangerous electrical work done by unlicensed contractors, which can put your family in danger and your home at risk.
All electrical installations in Ontario (with few exemptions) must be performed by Licensed Electrical Contractors. It’s the law!
If you suspect someone is doing electrical work without a licence or not meeting their licence requirements, please let us know. You can report it to ESA anonymously and we’ll investigate. Help us keep Ontario safe.
Our licensing reporting process deals with:
- Cases where companies or people act as electrical contractors but do not hold an ECRA/ESA Electrical Contractor licence
- Why? All electrical installations in Ontario (with few exemptions) must be performed by Licensed Electrical Contractors.
- Cases where ECRA/ESA licence holder fails to meet the licence requirements
- Why? Licence holders must follow the established standards of conduct and safety.
Report Unlicensed Electrical Work Anonymously
If you have reason to suspect that someone who is not a Licensed Electrical Contractor (LEC) is performing electrical work, or involves an LEC not meeting the requirements of their licence, you can file a report here.
- ESA does not have the authority to settle a dispute, or to impose a settlement, and it does not have the authority to act as an arbitrator in a complaint.
- For questions or concerns related to the Consumer Protection Act, 2002, you should contact:
Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Tel: (416) 326-8800 or 1(800) 889-9768