ESA Reviews and Appeals Process
If you do not agree with an ESA Order, ESA Notice or an Administrative Penalty Order against you, the following may help you through the review or appeal processes:
- DIRECTOR’S REVIEWS: You may ask the ESA Director of Reviews and Appeals to review an ESA Order about electrical safety. Or you may ask for a review of the ESA’s failure to make an Order you requested. Director’s Reviews does not apply to Administrative Penalty Orders.
- DIRECTOR’S HEARINGS: You may ask the ESA Director of Reviews and Appeals to change a Notice of Proposal (or Provisional Notice in some urgent cases). This notice refuses, suspends, revokes or imposes conditions on an authorization to operate an electrical contracting business or be a Master Electrician. Director’s Hearings does not apply to Administrative Penalty Orders.
- APPEALS TO THE REVIEW PANEL: You may ask the ESA Review Panel to change a decision of the Director of Reviews and Appeals or change the decision of an Administrative Penalty Order.
* For the purposes of timelines under the Reviews and Appeals process, days means business days and does not include Saturdays, Sundays, or Statutory Holidays.
For more information:
- Review and Appeal Processes: Step-by-Step Guides
- ESA Rules of Procedures for Reviews and Appeals. The Rules provide guidance and predictability to help everyone in these processes.
- Regulations, Electrical Safety Code, and other legislation
- ESA Directors, Review Panel Roster, and the Reviews and Appeals Office
- Review Panel Decisions. These past cases have been heard by the Review Panel.
ESA is here to help! Contact us
For questions related to the review or appeal processes, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other inquiries, contact ESA’s Customer Service Centre at 1-877-ESA-SAFE.
Note: ESA can only provide information related to the review and appeal processes. ESA cannot provide legal advice.