ESA Reviews and Appeals Process
If you don't agree with an ESA Order or ESA Notice against you, the following may help you through the review or appeal processes:
- DIRECTOR’S REVIEWS: You may ask the ESA Director of Reviews and Appeals to review an ESA Order about electrical safety. Or you may ask for a review of the ESA’s failure to make an Order you requested.
- DIRECTOR’S HEARINGS: You may ask the ESA Director of Reviews and Appeals to change a Notice of Proposal (or Provisional Notice in some urgent cases). This notice refuses, suspends, revokes or imposes conditions on an authorization to operate an electrical contracting business or be a Master Electrician.
- APPEALS TO THE REVIEW PANEL: You may ask the ESA Review Panel to change a decision of the Director of Reviews and Appeals.
For more information:
- Review and Appeal Processes: Step-by-Step Guides
- ESA Rules of Procedures for Reviews and Appeals. The Rules provide guidance and predictability to help everyone in these processes.
- Regulations, Electrical Safety Code, and other legislation
- ESA Directors, Review Panel Roster, and the Reviews and Appeals Office
- Review Panel Decisions. These past cases have been heard by the Review Panel.
ESA is here to help! Contact us
For questions related to the review or appeal processes, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other inquiries, contact ESA’s Customer Service Centre at 1-877-ESA-SAFE.
Note: ESA can only provide information related to the review and appeal processes. ESA cannot provide legal advice.